Practicing rhythm concepts are so important for students. And writing patterns out by hand takes forever. Save yourself time and get started by hitting “Print”! These rhythm cards have several patterns in two ways. Stick notation and regular notation for the following rhythm sets. The rhythm notated is the most difficult rhythm included in the set.
- Ta Rest
- Ta-a (Half Note)
- Tika Tika
- Tika Ti
- Ti Tika
- Tam Ti
- Ti Tam
- Six Eight
These are perfect for centers, find it games, composing their own rhythm using the patterns, and more. *Includes blank page of cards to create your own!
Ideas to Use:
- My favorite game is a race game – you say/play the rhythm and they have to find it, and race to bring it to you! I play in four teams.
- Compose a new song using 2 or 4 cards.
- Poison pattern (find the poison pattern – if you are wrong, you are out!)
- Phrase sort.
- Create question and answer phrases
- Play on instruments or boomwhackers
- Dictation practice (number the cards, dictate, and let the kids find the right pattern).
- And lots more!
Looking for more music education tools? Check them out here.
Looking for more fun? Check out my Music or Not Bundle!