One of the kids’ favorite events (and teachers too!) is the book fair! I always pick up a few books when it’s here, but this time I was super excited to see a bunch of different books for my younger students!
Here’s what I bought!
- Count the Monkeys: A cute counting book that would work really well to end a lesson with ANY monkey song. You have to turn the page to count the monkeys…but they sorta don’t ever show up because all the other animals are chasing each other.
- Old MacDonald Had a Farm: Exactly what you’d expect, until the end (I won’t give it away, but there is definitely a strange animal on this farm!). Beautiful illustrations. This was my bookfair splurge because it was too pretty to resist.
- Groovy Joe: A dog with a guitar is having a song-singing party and other dogs keep joining him. There is a downloadable song AND a Spanish version!
- One More Dino on the Floor: Counting dancing dinosaurs. A T-REX roars at the end, and then joins them!
- Motor Goose: I adore nursery rhymes for my younger kids because of the rhythm and language…but I don’t always love the themes or extra verses. Some of them are just a little heavy for me, personally, and I don’t want to be the person that introduces certain themes to kids. I just don’t like pushing the limits. This book is SO clever and has taken nursery rhymes (many of them singable!) and rewritten them with a transportation theme. This was my favorite of the books I bought!
What new books have you picked up for your classroom recently? I’d love to add to my library!